What to Know about Lip Injections
Plump, fuller lips that give you that perfect pout are taking the world by storm. The latest celebrity trend has got everyone wondering how they too can have the new lip look. We tell you everything you need to know about lip fillers right here. You will learn what they are, how they are done and where is the best place to get them. Once you’ve read our little guide you will have all the answers you need to make an informed choice about whether or not lip fillers are for you.
What are lip fillers?
Lip fillers are substances that are injected into the lips to make them look fuller and plumper. Fillers are usually made of collagen or hyaluronic acid (HA). Both these are natural substances and which one you choose depends on your desired results. Most practitioners today prefer to use HA because the procedure is more easily reversed if you are not happy with the results. Here is everything you need to know about lip fillers:
- They are injectable: Lip fillers are introduced into the lips using a syringe and needle.
- They need a professional: A lip injection done wrong could cause more harm than good. Lumping or the filler, severe bruising of the lip and even damage to certain tissue can result from a badly done job. Make sure you go to a professional medical practitioner to get the procedure done.
- They can be customized: You don’t have you get both lips done or even one full lip. you can choose just to get one area of your lip filled or just the bottom or top lip.
- Desired results can take time: If you have very thin lips and you are looking for a much fuller appearance it could take time. A gradual approach that takes several sessions is the best was to get the results you desire.
- They are temporary: Because lip fillers are made from natural substances they start to break down with time and the effects will wear off. HA fillers usually need to be repeated every four to six months for the effects to remain.
- They are reversible: HA fillers are completely reversible. If you are not happy with the look your practitioner can inject your lips with hyaluronidase, an enzyme that will immediately start to break down the HA filler.
- The effects are immediate: You will experience some amount of swelling and bruising after the procedure but this should pass in about twenty four hours. Keep your lips iced and take the prescribed medication to help the healing. Once your lips have healed you will notice the fuller plumper look.
- They can cause allergies: Although very rare natural lip fillers have been known to cause allergies in some cases. If you have any known allergies bring it to the notice of your practitioner before the procedure.
At ZL MedAesthetics med spa in Tucson, we are fully qualified for lip injection procedures. Contact us for an appointment if you would like a quality experience and a safe and skilled lip injection process.